What's new

Tech Rust inhibitor for steel frame bike?

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
After some rides and you first puncture repair (which hopefully won't happen too soon or best never) the yellow will look much more mellow. That's what happened to my white bar tape.
A pair of latex gloves is an essential item in my toolkit... not because my bike is dirty, but friends' bikes are generally disgusting.

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
A pair of latex gloves is an essential item in my toolkit... not because my bike is dirty, but friends' bikes are generally disgusting.
I think there used to be a regular humble brag thread on reddit? ;)

I carry them, too, but one caution with latex is that it degrades over time, so you might rotate fresh ones in now and then.

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Thanks. And, 'yes', yellow bar tape was pretty much a requirement. OTOH, a bit more of a 'mellow' yellow vs. the bright yellow would be even better.
Great looking bike but I have to disagree about the bar tape. Black only for me although each to his/her own. The world would be a very boring place if we all like exactly the same things.

Karl

Maximum Pace
Feb 7, 2011
I hesitate to say this because I know I'll jinx my luck, but I've been running Gatorskins for years and have not had one puncture yet, and I've taken them on some pretty rocky trails. Maybe the yellow tape will be good for a while.

pedalist

Maximum Pace
Jan 24, 2015
Great looking bike but I have to disagree about the bar tape. Black only for me although each to his/her own. The world would be a very boring place if we all like exactly the same things.
Actually, black is always my first choice unless I've got a chance to mix up things a little and bring in some color every now and then. And yeah, let's not make this world a boring one.

Top Bottom